WELCOME TO VENTURA COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH (VCPH)
Our dedicated and diverse team of over 400 staff work to prevent epidemics, spread of disease, and injuries; promote and encourage healthy living opportunities; respond to disasters and assist communities in recovery; and assure the quality and accessibility of preventive and health care services throughout the County. It is our MISSION to protect and promote the health and well-being of everyone in Ventura County. Our mission articulates the purpose of our department; it is our roadmap. We strive to improve health by promoting safe and healthy communities for all to LIVE, WORK, LEARN, and PLAY.
Achieving health equity is one of our top priorities. Working collaboratively to find solutions to support everyone to live a long and healthy life no matter our age, gender, culture, language or sexual orientation is important. Because socio-economic factors and the built or physical environment are estimated to contribute about 50% to how well and how long we live, we are committed to addressing the social determinants of health in partnership with our community partners and residents.
We look forward to working with you to realize our collective VISION of becoming the healthiest county in the nation.
- NEW VCPH Strategic Plan 2023-2025 and Executive Summary
- Keep Informed: Press Releases
- Community Health Implementation Strategy (CHIS) 2022: English
- Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) 2022: English | Spanish
- Interested in data on the health of our community? Visit Health Matters in Ventura County
- Providers: click here for Hot Tips Health Advisory from our Public Health Officer
- WIC services continue, but no in-person appointments at the moment, please click here for more information
- Information on Infant Formula, click here to be directed to our WIC webpage
- County's Smoke-Free Ordinance
- Living Healthy - Health in All Policies Video
- National Public Health Week Video
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Testing and Treatment Information
- Mental Health Resource Flyer: English / Spanish
If you are interested in receiving a flu vaccine, please visit one of our Public Health Clinics.
For more information or a list of community flu clinics, click here or the image below.
The current mpox (previously known as monkeypox) situation is rapidly evolving. The risk of mpox to the public is currently low based on the information available. You can find the most up to date County mpox information by clicking here.
Public Health Programs/Services
- Birth & Death Registration (Vital Records)
- California Children's Services (CCS)
- Child Health & Disability Prevention (CHDP)
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- Chronic Disease Prevention
- Communicable Disease Reporting forms
- Community Health Nursing
- Drowning Prevention and Pool Safety
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental Health Department
- Food Facility Closures
- Events & Calendars
- Health Coverage Assistance
- Health Promotion and Education
- HIV/AIDS Center
- Local Health Data and Resources
- Locations and Maps
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health
- Medical Marijuana Identification Program
- Prescription Medication Discounts
- Public Health Clinics
- Public Health Laboratory
- Smoke-Free Ordinance
- Stop Smoking Classes
- TB Specialty Clinic
- WIC: Women Infants & Children