To protect and promote the health and well-being of everyone in Ventura County. Our mission articulates the purpose of our department; it is our roadmap.
To be the healthiest county in the nation. Our vision statement defines what we want to achieve. It provides guidance and direction in fulfilling our mission.
Click below for our:
10 Essential Services of Public Health
- Monitor health status to identify health problems
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and hazards in the community
- Inform, educate, and empower the public about current and emerging health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Link people to needed health services
- Assure a competent work force to support the public health system
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population-based health services
- Research for new insights