The Chronic Disease Prevention Program develops and administers prevention and educational programs
that empower individuals, families and even
entire communities to prevent disease, improve health and promote wellness.
Training Opportunity - VCPH is looking for volunteers to take part in a 4-day FREE training to become instructors for Chronic Disease Self-Management Course from Stanford University. For registration, click here for Leader Training Flyer and here for Leader Training Application, please register by July 7th.
CDPP programs include:
- Diabetes, obesity and hypertension health risk screening tests.
- Access to self-management education for UNINSURED Type 2 diabetics. Referral Form.
- Walking clubs. The 1st La Colonia Community Walk.
- Get Fit Group fitness classes
- Camino Del Sol Community Garden activities and events - NEDP
- Partnership for Healthy Ventura County meetings, forums, and events
- Other related free events offered by community partners
Community Health Information
- Check our Calendar page for this month's listings of activities and classes in your neighborhood.
- Learn more by reading Our Neighborhoods - Our Health
- Watch Weight of the Nation - the award-winning HBO documentary series about obesity
Silvia Lopez-Navarro, Program Director
2220 E. Gonzales Rd. Suite 202
Oxnard, CA 93036
Fax: (805) 677-5220