The Chronic Disease Prevention Program develops and administers prevention and educational programs
that empower individuals, families and even
entire communities to prevent disease, improve health and promote wellness.
CDPP programs include:
- Diabetes, obesity and hypertension health risk screening tests.
- Walking clubs. The 1st La Colonia Community Walk.
- Get Fit Group fitness classes
- Partnership for Healthy Ventura County meetings, forums, and events
- Other related free events offered by community partners
To register for any upcoming class listed below, please call (805) 981-6657.
Healthy Living – Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
Mutual support and success builds participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
|Dates:||May 1 – June 19, 2019|
|Day of the week:||Wednesday (weekly for 6 weeks)|
Camarillo Health Care District
3639 E. Las Posas Rd., Camarillo CA 93010
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation.
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Decision making
- How to evaluate new treatments
Community Health Information
- Check our Calendar page for this month's listings of activities and classes in your neighborhood.
- Learn more by reading Our Neighborhoods - Our Health
- Watch Weight of the Nation - the award-winning HBO documentary series about obesity
Silvia Lopez-Navarro, Program Director
2220 E. Gonzales Rd. Suite 202
Oxnard, CA 93036
Fax: (805) 677-5220