This page serves as a centralized location for healthcare providers to get information, guidance and updates on Ventura County health issues.
- TB Investigation of Middle School and Gym in Oxnard - 9/25/18
- Flu Order 2018
- TB Exposure Update -8/22/18
- Health Advisory - CDPH Releases Health Advisory Update on Outbreak of Life-threatening Coagulopathy Associated with Synthetic Cannabinoids Use
- Health Alert 2017 - Meningococcal Disease
- Thomas Fire Smoke - Health Advisory
- Use of Particulate Respirators (Masks) to Protect from Wildfire Smoke or Ash (English & Spanish)
- Hepatitis A Outbreak in California Counties
- Hepatitis A Outbreak in California Counties - Health Advisory
- Hepatitis A Virus Infection Facts Sheet (English & Spanish)
- Flu Order 2017 - Mandatory Influenza Vaccination or Masking of Health Care Workers
- CRE - Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae and Antimicrobial Resistance Order for Reporting
- Health Alert 2016 - Vaccination against Invasive Meningococcal Disease
- Flu Order 2016 - Mandatory Influenza Vaccination or Masking of Health Care Workers
- Flu Order 2015
Communicable Disease Reporting - CMR & TB Forms
Medical providers must report all suspected and confirmed reportable communicable disease cases or other unusual diseases to Public Health's Communicable Disease Office.
Patients with newly diagnosed HIV/AIDS or previous diagnosis and relocating to Ventura County should be reported to the HIV/AIDS office at (805) 652-3313. We ask that you contact us as soon as you receive the positive test result so that we may have a staff member there at the time of disclosure.
To file a Communicable Disease report (except for HIV/AIDS), complete and e-mail or FAX the CMR according to the instructions on the first page of the form.
- CMR - Confidential Morbidity Report Form - This form includes reportable diseases and reporting time mandates on the second page.
- TB - Confidential Morbidity Report Form - To report positive PPD or Quantiferon/IGRA or Latent TB Infection
- Hospital TB Case/Suspect Form - To report TB cases or suspected TB cases, download and FAX the to: 805-385-9445.
- West Nile Virus Testing Specimen and Submittal Form
- DMV - Confidential Morbidity Report Form - Use this form for reporting lapses of consciousness or control, Alzheimer's disease or other conditions which may impair the ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
- FAX forms to: 805-981-5200
- To speak with CD staff during normal business hours, call: 805-981-5201
- For after hour CD reporting, call: 805-656-9432
- Email: VCPH-ID@ventura.org
For TB information, visit Tuberculosis Specialty Clinic or call 805-385-9451.
For AIDS information visit our HIV/AIDS Program or report a case of HIV/AIDS, call: 805-652-3313.
Register Immunizations at CA Immunization Registry (CAIR) or by calling: (805) 981-5118 or (800) 578-7889
Providers: Get Smart About Antibiotics!
Antibiotics are becoming ineffective because bacteria are becoming resistant to our defenses. The CDC has launched a campaign to end antibiotic use when viruses are the likely cause of symptoms. Help patients "Get Smart. . .Read the Chart." Teach patients how best to get relief from viral infections. Use the CDC's "Viral Prescription Pad" for patients who have viruses. Watch CDC Commentary: Don't Give In and Give Those Antibiotics!
Click here to learn about Acceptance of Meaningful Use Data in Ventura County
- Cases of Shigella in Ventura County Homeless Population - October 12, 2018
- Selecting Pregnant Women for Addtional Syphilis Screening in Ventura County - August 15, 2018
- Burkholderia cepacia complex Infections Associated with the use of Medline Remedy® Essentials No-Rinse Foam - March 29, 2018
- Increase in Giardia Cases Locally - March 21, 2018
- Influenza & Sepsis - March 2, 2018
- Coccidioidomycosis (Valley Fever) in Ventura County - January 9, 2018
- Seasonal Influenza Treatment - January 3, 2018
- Boil Water Orders and Surgical Procedures - December 7, 2017
- Legionellosis - November 17, 2017
- Coccidioidomycosis in Ventura County - November 14, 2017
- Hepatitis A Outbreak in California Counties - October 10, 2017
- Measles Cases - January 23, 2017
- Testing Travelers Returning from China for Avian Influenza A (H7N9) Virus Infection - January 26, 2017
- Risk from Contaminated Heater-Cooler Devices Used during Cardiac Surgery - October 17, 2016
- VCPH Confirms 1st Zika Virus Case - August 19, 2016
- Vaccination Against Meningococcal Disease - August 4, 2016
- Outbreak of Meningococcal Disease in Southern California - July 1, 2016
- Cluster of Non-Ischemic Cardiomyopathy Cases- March 16, 2016
- Zika Virus Infection in Travelers and Interim Guidance for Pregnant Women- January 21, 2016
- Health Alert: Acute Neurologic Illness with Focal Limb Weakness of Unknown Etiology in Children- September 29, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) Causing Severe Pediatric Respiratory Illness- September 18, 2014
- Increase in Pertussis (whooping cough) Cases in Ventura County- May 15, 2014
- Early Reports of pH1N1- Associated Illnesses for 2013-2014 - December 26, 2013
- Influenza Testing and Reporting - September 12, 2013
- Measles - July 19, 2013
- Novel Influenza A H7N9 - April 23, 2013
Click here for Monthly Immunization Updates.
- INFLUENZA VACCINATION FOR HEALTHCARE PERSONNEL - FACT SHEET & FAQ
- Link to our Public Health Laboratory
- Become a Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) provider
- Medical Waste Management Notice
- Immunization Program
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Address: 2240 E. Gonzales Rd Suite 250
- Oxnard, CA 93036
- Phone: 805-981-5211
- FAX: 805-981-5210
Links to additional information
- EZ-IZ Vaccine for Children Program, Storage and Handling
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Hepatitis Prevention Programs
- Institute for Vaccine Safety
- National Network for Immunization Information
- Immunization Action Coalition
- VAERS: Vaccine Adverse Events Report System
- American Academy of Pediatrics – Childhood Immunization Support Program
- California Department of Health Services – Immunization Branch
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
West Nile Virus