- To get vaccine recommendations specific to YOUR trip, call 805-981-5221 to schedule a travel consultation.
- For daily hours of operation and/or notices of special clinic closures, please visit our Public Health Clinics home page.
Who we serve:
The Ventura County Public Health (VCPH) Clinics offer travel consultation and travel vaccines for travelers:
- Vaccines protect travelers from serious diseases. Depending on where you travel, you may encounter diseases that are rare in the United States, like yellow fever.
- Getting vaccinated will help keep you safe and healthy while you're traveling. It will also help to make sure that you don't bring any serious diseases home to your family, friends, and community.
- For essential international trips and to protect yourself, against diseases that are more common in the country or city you are visiting, it is advisable to start travel immunizations at 4 to 6 weeks prior to traveling.
Services travel consultation includes:
Travel health services for adults, children, families and friends.
- To get the best protection, please provide your travel destination(s) and immunization record prior to your consultation.
- If you are planning to travel, you need to protect yourself against diseases that are more common in the country or city you are visiting.
- It is highly recommended to have your travel consultation at VCPH Clinic at least 4 to 6 weeks before traveling. It will also usually make sure there's enough time for you to get vaccines that require more than 1 dose.
- The recommended vaccines will depend on your location of travel and which vaccines you have received in the past.
What to bring your travel consultation appointment:
- Identification such as valid driver's license, passport, California DMV Identification card or student identification card.
- Travel itinerary
- Immunization record(s)
- List of current medications if applicable.
What to expect during your consultation:
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early at your appointment to allow for registration.
- Please plan for the appointment to last up to 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- There will be an evaluation of your medical history, a review of your immunization records, your travel itinerary, and a discussion of the required and recommended vaccines.
Fees for immunization and travel medications: (Prices effective July 1st, 2023 and subject to change.)
- Travel visit fee per patient and per visit - $56.00
- Initial administration fee of vaccine - $62.00
- Additional administration fee for additional vaccines - $29.00
- Cipro prescription - $13.00
- Malaria treatment prescription - $13.00
- Replacement for International Certificate of Vaccination - $13.00
- COVID-19 (Pfizer, Moderna, Novavax) - No cost to patient
- Chickenpox (Varicella) - $160.00
- Hepatitis A (2 dose series) - $69.00
- Hepatitis B (3 dose series) - $48.00
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) - $90.00
- Meningococcal Conjugate (MenQuadfi) - $140.00
- Meningococcal Group B (Trumenba) - $137.00
- Pneumococcal 20 (Prevnar) - $250.00
- Pneumococcal 23 (Pneumovax) - $103.00
- Polio - $36.00
- Rabies (Imovax - pre-exposure prophylaxis) (2 doses may be required) - $379.00
- Shingles (Shingrix) - $171.00
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis) - $46.00
- Typhoid (Typhim Vi injectable) - $160.00
Many travel-related vaccinations are not covered by insurance as they are considered elective.
Payment is required at the time of service by Cash, MasterCard credit card, Visa credit card, Discover credit card or American Express credit card.
VCPH Clinic locations: