What services does the CHDP Office provide? +
- CHDP maintains a list of CHDP Medical and Dental providers in Ventura County and provides names to families as needed.
- CHDP Public Health Nurses certify and train providers and their staff to perform CHDP well-child exams.
- CHDP well-child exams
- Oral health education
- Fluoride varnish application
- Referrals to a dentist for routine dental care
- Education and training opportunities for physicians and office staff:
- Care coordination for CHDP Gateway patients with any health related issues such as mental health, dental problems, etc.
- CHDP provides information to families about CHDP services and related health information by conducting presentations, attending health fairs and other community events.
- Linking to county resources by:
- Provide health education resources and materials
- Offer free toothbrushes to participating providers
- CHDP is closely associated with other preventive health programs:
- Childhood Oral Health Education Program (COHEP)
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (CLPPP)
- Health Care Program for Children in Foster Care (HCPCFC)
CHDP Nurse Consultant Services: +
- Promotion of pediatric best practices through:
- Facility and Medical Records Review
- Performance Measures monitoring (Lead, Dental, Developmental Screening)
- Information on promising new practices and pediatric health issues
- Training and education for providers and provider staff offered as noontime in-services or onsite by arrangement:
- CHDP program overview
- CHDP Gateway Process
- New provider mandatory training
- New provider staff (front office, back office, etc.) training
- Screening requirements
- How to Weigh and Measure Children Accurately for the CHDP Well-Child Exam
- Oral Health Education and Fluoride Varnish Application
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program updates
- Lead fingerstick training
- Other child health topics such as behavioral health, developmental screening and safety
- Semi-annual certificate workshops
- An audiometric workshop with didactic learning and a practicum is held annually. This training focuses on play audiometric screening for children 3-5 years. Designated personnel are required to complete re-certification every 4 years.
- A vision workshop held with didactic learning and a practicum is held annually. Designated personnel are required to complete re-certification every 4 years.
Who can become a CHDP Provider? +
How can I become a CHDP Provider? +
- Ventura County health care providers complete the following forms:
- Return the completed forms and required attachments to:
- Ventura County CHDP Program
2240 E. Gonzales Road, Suite 270
Oxnard, CA 93036
FAX: (805) 658-4505
- The CHDP Provider Manual and Bulletins give additional information about provider enrollment, CHDP provider responsibilities, services than can be provided, how to enroll children and youth through the CHDP Gateway and how to be reimbursed for CHDP program services
Who can apply fluoride varnish? +
Clinic staff members who have completed required training are able to apply fluoride varnish to children under a physician's order.
Where can I find more information and forms that I need?