What We Do
We help qualified clients in applying for the Comprehensive AIDS Resources Emergency (CARE) Act Health Insurance Premium Payment (HIPP) program. CARE/HIPP pays health insurance premiums on behalf of people disabled because of HIV and at risk of losing their health insurance coverage.
Who We Serve
- Individuals who:
- are a resident of California;
- are disabled by HIV/AIDS;
- have assets less than $6,000;
- have income less than 400 percent of federal poverty level; and
- have a monthly insurance premium less than $700.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can a client remain on CARE/HIPP? Clients are eligible for a maximum of 36 months of coverage and must apply for State Disability Insurance, Social Security Disability Insurance, or private disability.
Our Other Services
Craig Webb, Program Administrator
3147 Loma Vista Road
Ventura, CA 93003