Tobacco Education and Prevention
Links and Resources
This page contains a lot of information and resources to help you either quit smoking or work in your community to reduce smoking.
TOBACCO-RELATED DISEASE SECONDHAND SMOKE – THE RISKS AND YOUR PROTECTION LEGAL ISSUES INTERNATIONAL TOBACCO National Spit Tobacco Education Program
- Cigarette Litter “CigaretteLitter.Org is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to running educational campaigns aimed at significantly reducing the amount of cigarette litter.”
- Cigarette Butt Litter A project of Clean Virginia Waterways
FUSION “FUSION is a statewide youth movement supported by the California Youth Advocacy Network (CYAN).
- National Center for Tobacco-Free Older Persons (NCTFOP)
- International Women Against Tobacco Founded in 1990 by women tobacco control leaders, INWAT concentrates on the issue of tobacco use by women and girls. It provides contacts, information, strategies, and other support for global tobacco control for women.
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids “The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is fighting to free America's youth from tobacco and to create a healthier environment. The Campaign is one of the nation's largest non-governmental initiatives ever launched to protect children from tobacco addiction and exposure to secondhand smoke.”
It's thousands of youth throughout…who are concerned with the tobacco industry's manipulation and the death, disease and destruction big tobacco causes.” This site helps connect California high school students dedicated to defeating the tobacco industry. TobaccoFree.org
“Empowering smokers to quit successfully. Motivating youth to stay tobacco free.” Youth Action – Make Your Voice Heard
“Today's youth activists have chosen to STAND OUT... SPEAK UP... and SEIZE CONTROL in the fight against Big Tobacco and the youth action center has the tools to help.” Children Opposed to Smoking Tobacco (COST)
Children Helping And Motivating Parents to Stop Smoking (CHAMPSS) This is a relatively new website to assist kids who want to help their parents quit smoking, to live long, healthy lives. It provides kids with tips on how to talk to their parents about quitting smoking, as well as educational materials and other information they will need to support their parents through a quit attempt.
Big Tobacco Sucks “The Campaign Against Transnational Tobacco mobilizes students to use the investment power of their universities to challenges the global tobacco industry’s violation of human rights, public health and the environment.”