Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention
Prevent and reduce the harmful effects of lead poisoning among Ventura County's children under the age of six, as well as other high-risk children.
- Identify and prevent exposure to lead
- Prevent environmental exposures to lead through community outreach and education.
- Information and resources for lead poisoning prevention
- Community resources for lead screening
- Case management by a Public Health Nurse for lead burdened children
- Environmental assessment for poisoned children
- Medical nutrition therapy
- Community outreach & education
California Lead Poisoning Branch
Visit the California Department of Public Health's Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Branch for useful information on lead exposure and lead poisoning.