Help teen parents:
- Become self-sufficient and make the transition to adulthood
- Make healthy life-style choices for themselves and their children
- Graduate from high school or acquire their GED
- Have healthy pregnancies and births
- Establish healthy parenting skills
- Cal-Learn is part of the Adolescent Family Life Program.Cal-Learn participation is mandatory for pregnant or parenting teens on CalWorks grants, who are under age 19 and have not graduated from high school. Cal-Learn enrolls teens in school and provides case management services. Our services include:
- Referrals to resources with attention to follow-through.
- Education in prenatal care, nutrition, labor and delivery, parenting skills and child development.
- Life skills counseling such as goals setting, understanding consequences.
- Establishing and strengthening positive social support networks.
- Financial bonuses and sanctions based upon report cards and successful high school graduation or completion of a GED.
Clients may stay in the program up to age 20 if they have not graduated from high school. Financial help with child care, school supplies and transportation is available.