The Ventura County Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (CLPPP) provides services to the community for the purpose of increasing awareness regarding the hazards of lead exposure, reducing lead exposure, and increasing the number of children assessed and appropriately blood tested for lead poisoning. Our mission is to prevent and reduce the harmful effects of lead poisoning among Ventura County's children under the age of six, as well as other high-risk children.
- Information and resources for lead poisoning prevention
- Community health worker outreach and education available in English/ Spanish
- Public health nurse case management services
- Environmental Health Specialist services for community outreach and home inspection to children with elevated blood lead levels
- Community referrals and resources for lead screening
- Community outreach at public events and health fairs
For more information about our services, click here!
Blood Lead Testing
- Blood lead testing can be done as part of the Well Child Physical or can be requested by your Primary Care Doctor; please schedule an appointment with your clinic. Free testing is available to all children who are eligible for Medi-Cal Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Gateway. Click on Ventura County CHDP Providers for our list of providers and schedule an appointment.
- Click here to check out our educational handouts, posters, and additional online resources for you and your family.
Health Care Provider Resources
- Click here to check out the latest guidelines, educational materials, posters, and additional online resources for your practice.
New: Referrals to Healthy Homes Ventura County for free lead paint abatement program for those that qualify. Please visit http://vchca.org/hhvc for more information.
Product Recalls and Consumer Warnings
- Recalls and Alerts
- Recall: Boys Scouts of America Recalls Cub Scout Activity Pins Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban - July 1, 2020
- Recall: Ximi Vogue Recalls Children's Neck Pillows Due to Violation of the Federal Lead Paint Ban - April 30, 2020
- Recall: Children's Tool Kits Recalled by Grizzly Industrial Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban - March 19, 2020
- Recall: Lilly of New York Children's Winter Boots Recalled by Kidz Concepts Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban - March 19, 2020
- Recall: Thesaurus Global Marketing Recalls Tricycles Due to Violation of the Federal Lead Paint Ban - January 9, 2020
- CDPH Warns Consumers Not to Eat La Zagala Brand Fruit Pulp Tamarind Flavor Candy - August 19, 2019
- Lead in Ayurvedic Remedies: A Warning to Consumers - January 10, 2019
- CDPH Warns Consumers Not to Eat Khmeli Suneli Spice Blends - January 4, 2019
- Toxic Jewelry Samples - July 6, 2017
Visit the California Department of Public Health Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Branch for additional information on lead exposure and lead poisoning.