What We Do
We help qualified clients in applying for the Office of AIDS (OA) Health Insurance Premium Payment (HIPP) program. OA-HIPP pays health insurance premiums on behalf of people disabled because of HIV and at risk of losing their health insurance coverage.
Who We Serve
- are a resident of California;
- are disabled by HIV/AIDS;
- have assets less than $6,000;
- have income less than 400 percent of federal poverty level; and
- have a monthly insurance premium less than $700.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can a client remain on CARE/HIPP? Clients are eligible for a maximum of 36 months of coverage and must apply for State Disability Insurance, Social Security Disability Insurance, or private disability.