Former Supervisor Judy Mikels recognized the need for automated external defibrillators in County facilities and directed EMS to convene a workgroup to
develop such an AED program. The Board of Supervisors approved the allocation of tobacco settlement funding for an initial implementation phase of 50
AED units in County facilities.
This component of the County's AED Program is built on County of Ventura employee participation. Employees who volunteer to participate in the program will receive training in CPR, the use of AED equipment, and how to react to emergencies.
- Presentation to Board of Supervisors - February 11, 2003 - Update on County of Ventura Automated External Defibrillator Program
- County of Ventura AED Program Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- SOP - Memorandum 6 E - LIFEPAK 500 Product Information
- Becoming a County of Ventura AED Program Volunteer
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding Use of an AED
Employee volunteers may contact the AED Program Administrator at 981-5301 or via e-mail to the AED Program Coordinator for more information.
We encourage employees to volunteer for AED training and become a critical link in the Chain of Survival.