For more information, email us at VCHCC@ventura.org or call our Coalition Coordinator, Janelle Leza, at (805) 981-5335
Support medical and healthcare entities to prepare for, respond to, mitigate, and recover from disasters by promoting integration, information sharing, and resource support in the Ventura County Operational Area and California Medical/Health Mutual Aid Region I.
To bring the medical and health community together.
- Mutual Accountability
The Ventura County Health Care Coalition (VCHCC) is a collaborative network of healthcare organizations and their respective public and private sector response partners within our Operational Area. VCHCC serves as a voluntary multidisciplinary, multi-agency group that assists in the coordination of Emergency Management and Emergency Support Function (ESF) #8 with preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation activities. In addition, the following VCHCC functions support Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) standard 4.1.1A:
- Work with the appropriate level of emergency operations providers by sharing information among participating healthcare organizations and with jurisdictional authorities to promote common situational awareness.
- Support the needs of healthcare organizations through collaboration of coalition partners’ various Emergency Operation Plans.
- Meet community needs by promoting the quality of disaster patient/victim care services and improving overall healthcare response capabilities.
- Develop and implementing effective practices including continuity planning, education, training and evaluation as they relate to emergency preparedness.
- Serve to strengthen and sustain the Public Health and medical response system by properly analyzing gaps.
- Promote healthcare providers’ capacity to anticipate the plan of care in the event of a medical surge.
See our voting members! (click image above)